Amritsar, one of the largest cities of Punjab, is located at a distance of 234 km from Chandigarh, the capital of the state. The city is famous for Golden Temple, the sacred place of sikh religion.
The distance from Amritsar to other major cities and towns of Punjab is given on this page:
- Chandigarh - The distance from Amritsar to Chandigarh is 234 km. The major towns on this route are - Beas, Kartarpur, Jalandhar, Phagwara, Nawan Shahr, Ropar, Kharar and Mohali.
- New Delhi - The distance from Amritsar to New Delhi is 447 km. It is connected to New Delhi through National Highway 1, also called as G.T. Road. Other main cities/towns of Punjab on this route are Beas, Kartarpur, Jalandhar, Phagwara, Goraya, Ludhiana, Doraha, Khanna, Mandi Gobindgarh and Rajpura.
- Ludhiana - Ludhiana is at a distance of 135 km from Amritsar. The two cities are connected through NH-1. Ludhiana is located on the highway connecting Amritsar to New Delhi.
- Patiala - Patiala is situated at a distance of 227 km from Amritsar. To reach Patiala, first travel upto Fatehgarh Sahib on the New Delhi route, then turn towards Patiala which is at a distance of about 30 km from Fatehgarh Sahib.
- Firozpur - The distance of Firozpur from Amritsar is 119 km. The two cities are connected through Tarn Taran and Zira towns. Jagraon and Moga cities.
- Bathinda - Bathinda is at a distance of 186 km from Amritsar. The route from Amritsar to Bathinda is through Tarn Taran, Zira, Faridkot and Jaiton. Faridkot is at a distance of 121 km from Amritsar.
- Hoshiarpur - The distance between Hoshiarpur and Amritsar is 105 km.
By Sukhminder Singh