S. Tota Singh is the current agriculture minister of Punjab. He is a senior leader of Shiromani Akali Dal and is also the minister for NRI Affairs.
In the earlier tenure of SAD government during 1997-2002, he was the education minister of Punjab.
In last assembly elections held in 2012, he became MLA from Dharamkot constituency in Moga district. He won by a margin of 4255 votes and Sukhjit Singh Kaka of Congress was the trailing candidate.
Earlier he became the MLA from Moga in 1997 and 2002 assembly elections. In 2007 elections, he again contested the elections from Moga constituency but lost from Joginderpal Jain of Congress. Interestingly, now Joginderpal Jain is also a member of Shiromani Akali Dal.
Personal Profile : He was born on 02-03-1941 at Didar Singh Wala, District Moga. Name of his father is Sardar Babu Singh. He studied at D.M. College, Moga and his educational qualification is F.A.
Address and Contact Number
Jathedar S.Tota Singh
Room No. 19, 7th Floor
Punjab Civil Secretariat, Chandigarh
Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/jathedartota.singh
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
CPS of Agriculture Department
Gurbachan Singh Babbehali
is chief parliamentary secretary (CPS) of Agriculture department. He is also a member of Shiromani Akali Dal and is MLA from Gurdaspur constituency in Gurdaspur district.
His office address and phone number is:
Chief Parliamentary Secretary, Agriculture
Punjab Civil Secretariat,Chandigarh.
Phone - 0172-2741783
Departments Related to Agriculture/Villages
There are various other departments related to the agriculture/villages/rural population like panchayats and rural development, dairy development etc. Here is a list of such departments and their current ministers:
- Irrigation Department - S. Sharanjit Singh Dhillon is the irrigation minister of Punjab. He is a senior SAD leader and is MLA from Sahnewal vidhan sabha seat in Ludhiana district.
- Rural Development and Panchayats - S. Sikander Singh Maluka, a SAD leader, is the cabinet minister of this department. He is MLA from Rampura Phul constituency in Bathinda district.
- Dairy Development - S. Gulzar Singh Ranike is the minister of Dairy Development department. He is a senior leader belonging to SAD and is MLA from Attari assembly seat in Amritsar district.
- Animal Husbandry and Fisheries - The minister and CPS is same as Dairy Development department mentioned above.
- Revenue Department - S. Bikram Singh Majithia, a SAD leader and also brother-in-law of deputy chief minister S. Sukhbir Singh Badal, is the Revenue Minister of Punjab. He is MLA from Majitha constituency in Amritsar district.
This department maintains the land records of ownership of agriculture as well as non-agriculture land and also gathers the statistics about the crops sown on the agriculture land.
List of Previous Agriculture Ministers of Punjab
A list of previous agriculture ministers of Punjab is given below:
- Jathedar S. Tota Singh (SAD) - 2012
- Sucha Singh Langah (SAD) - 2007
- Rajinder Kaur Bhattal (Congress) - 2002
Agriculture Minister of India
In India, agriculture related matters are managed by Department of Agriculture, Co-operation and Farmers Welfare and it comes under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. Radha Mohan Singh is the agriculture minister of India.
He is an MP from Purvi Champaran constituency in Bihar state and belongs to BJP.