PCS Exam or Punjab Civil Services Exam is conducted for the hiring of officers for the posts in Punjab Government offices. The exam is conducted by Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC), which is an independent government agency, responsible for hiring of civil services officers.
The PCS Exam 2015 (Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination or PPCSCCE - 2015) will be conducted for total 101 posts in different department of the Punjab government, for which advertisement was published on 11 September 2015. For any enquriy regarding the application forms, you can contact the PPSC office at
through email address firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number 0175-5014826. The Last date of submission of online application form for PCS Exam 2015 is 12 Oct 2015 and to deposit the fee unisng the printout of computer generated fee challan is 19 Oct 2015. Also check the official website http://ppsc.gov.in/ of PPSC to see the advertisement issued by the commission. The examination shall be conducted on 6th December, 2015.
Last date of submission of application form - 12 Oct 2015
Last date of submission of fee - 19 Oct 2015
Date of Exam - 6 Dec 2015
Eligibility - Graduation
NOTE: We have presented this information for the general knowledge purpose. Although the details are given based upon the offical advertisement/website, publisher of this page shall not be responsible for any inaccuracy. Please cross verify the details on official website of PPSC.
Posts for PCS Exam 2015
The exam in year 2015 will be conducted for total 101 posts. Out of these 101 posts, there are total 47 posts for general category and other posts are reserved for other categories. The maximum number of posts are for Excise and Taxation Officers (E.T.O.) which is total 23 posts. The vaccancies to be filled through this exam and total number of posts is given below:
||Name of Post
||Number of Posts
||Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)
||Deputy Superintendent of Police (D.S.P.)
||Excise & Taxation Officer (E.T.O.)
||Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer
||Block Development & Panchayat Officer
||Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Societies
||Labour cum Conciliation Officer
||Employment Generation and Training Officer
||Deputy Superintendent Jails / District Probation Officer (Grade-II)
Also check these simple questions related to Punjab General Knowledge
, which maybe helpful for the exam.
Pattern of PCS Exam 2015
There will a preliminary exam (objective type questions), main exam (written) and interview for the selection of candidates. All the candidates will first appear in a preliminary exam and here are some important details about this exam:
- The exam will be of total 400 marks, there will be two papers of 200 marks each. The duration of each paper will be 2 hours.
- Paper I - It is General Studies exam, consisting of 100 questions and each question will be of 2 marks.
- Paper II - It is Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) having 80 questions of 2.5 marks each.
- Both the papers will have multiple choice questions only. There will not be any negative marking for the wrong answers.
- Preliminary Exam is a screening test to select candidates to appear in the main exam. The marks obtained in this exam will not be considered in the final merit.
- Based upon the result of this exam, candidates equal to 12 to 13 times of the total posts in each category will be selected.
- The question paper will be printed in English and Punjabi, except for the questions related to language proficiency.
- The standard of questions will be of graduation level i.e. to test the knowledge expected from a candidate who has studied upto the graduation level.
Punjab Public Service Commission
Punjab Public Service Commission was first established in Lahore on 1 May 1937. After the independence of India, the commission was re-established at Shimla in February 1948 and its jurisdiction was the East Punjab state of that time. In 1956, PEPSU state (Patiala and East Punjab State Union) was merged with Punjab and then the office of PPSC was moved to Patiala on 1 Nov 1956 and the office is in Patiala since that time. During the trifurcation of Punjab into today's states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, the jurisdiction of this commission was again changed to the current state of Punjab.
Current Chairman: Lt. Gen. T.S Gill (Retd.)
Punjab Public Service Commission
Baradari Garden, P.B. No. 39, Patiala, Punjab, India. Pin Code – 147001
Phone: 0175-5014847, 5014849. Fax: 0175 - 5014831
Official website of PPSC: www.ppsc.gov.in