Ludhiana, the largest city of Punjab, is located at a distance of 99 km from Chandigarh, the capital of the state. It is one of the major industrial cities of Punjab and is also known as Manchester of India.
The distance from Ludhiana to other major cities and town of Punjab is given on this page:
- Chandigarh - The distance from Ludhiana to Chandigarh is 99 km. The major towns on this route are - Kohara, Samrala, Khamano, Morinda, Kharar and Mohali.
- New Delhi - The distance from Ludhiana to New Delhi is 311 km. It is connected to New Delhi through National Highway 1, also called as G.T. Road. Other main cities/towns of Punjab on this route are Doraha, Khanna, Mandi Gobindgarh and Rajpura.
- Amritsar - Amritsar, the city famous for Golden Temple, is at a distance of 135 km from Ludhiana. The two cities are connected through NH-1.
- Abohar - Abohar is the last city of Punjab on the route from Ludhiana to Sri Ganganagar, a district head quarter of Rajasthan. Its distance from Ludhiana is 240 km.
- Firozpur - The distance of Firozpur from Ludhiana is 131 km. The two cities are connected through NH-95. The route from Ludhiana to Firozpur is through Mullanpur, Jagraon and Moga cities.
- Bathinda - Bathinda is at a distance of 164 km from Ludhiana. The route from Ludhiana to Bathinda is through Mullanpur, Raikot and Barnala. Barnala is at a distance of 100 km from Ludhiana.
By Sukhminder Singh